Regardless of the size and layout of the kitchen, the facade of a furniture set is a key element in the interior of this room. It sets the mood, style, atmosphere of the place where it is customary to gather with the whole family, receive guests, drink coffee in the morning or prepare your favorite dishes. That is why it is so important to choose the good color of the kitchen facade, beautiful, practical and responsive to the tastes of the owners of the house
Kitchen facade materials
Much also depends on the material of the facades for the kitchen: practicality, ease of cleaning, durability and design options. Furniture manufacturers offer the following types of facades:
- From a tree – the most expensive and durable option. The color palette is often limited to wood shades with a natural texture, giving the facades sophistication and natural beauty. Organically and stylishly look the aged surfaces processed by a dark and transparent varnish, carved framed facades, as on a photo below. Wood is a capricious material that requires careful handling, but expensive and high-quality furniture can withstand both contacts with water and temperature changes, maintaining the original appearance for many years.
- MDF is a budget equivalent of natural wood. Such facades are made of small chips, fastened with special resins. The front surface is decorated with wood veneer, the back and edges are resistant to external factors, harmless plastic. MDF facades are practical and durable, they are easy to care for, and the variety of colors is limited only by the imagination of the designers.
- Chipboard – the most inexpensive option, chipboard, pressed under pressure. As the lining is more often used plastic. High-quality facades of chipboard in no way inferior to counterparts from MDF for practicality, durability, and richness of the color palette.
- Plastic. Shock-resistant, not exposed to high temperatures plastic does not fade in the sun, retaining color for many years, is not afraid of moisture, unlike more capricious wood coatings. Plastic facades can boast a vast range of colors and unusual decors with a glossy and matte finish, a metallic color with a spark, the effect of the starry sky. They are ideal for high-tech, modern kitchens, sophisticated curved, rounded, undulating shapes, and designs. On glossy surfaces, more visible spots, fingerprints, but the reflective effect gives the kitchen a festive, somewhat futuristic look and visually enlarges the room, as in the photo.
How to choose the best color for the facade of the kitchen? The following recommendations will help you:
- monophonic headset – a good solution for small spaces;
- for top and bottom cabinets, choose no more than two colors that are in harmony with each other;
- it is better to combine a dark lower level with a light shade of the upper kitchen cabinets;
- for bright furniture, an ideal calm, low-key monophonic background (color of walls, floor, curtains).
How to choose a good color facade for a small kitchen? Pay attention to the saturated color shades, underlined white worktops, light fittings, aprons, and pastel facades with a glossy effect. A good option – almost merging with a touch of the walls of sets or furniture of the same color, but a little more saturated tone, glass, transparent, matte or mirror inserts on the doors of the cabinets. Bright furniture facades in spacious kitchens look cozier if they are complemented by bright color accents, the same applies to too dark, black kitchen facades.
How to choose the color of the facades, if you have already decided on the walls in the kitchen? If the walls are decorated in soothing colors, then the facades of the headset can be bright, glossy, have an unusual shape and design. For wallpaper with a geometric or floral print, you should choose a monochromatic, pastel kitchen with a white tiled apron. On the background of wallpaper in flowers or with other patterns, classic paneled facades of neutral, pleasant looking shades look well.
Popular colors of kitchen fronts and their combinations
Each of us has our favorite shades. However, this does not mean that in a favorite violet or blood-red color you need to arrange the entire kitchen. Imagine how the headset will look like, will help visualize the projector color sketch. In the same way, you can choose good color combinations that give the interior not only a spectacular brightness, but also a feeling of comfort, home warmth, a place where you will be pleasant and comfortable to be.
Whiteness is associated with purity, airiness, adds room space. White facades reflect light well, which is also important for small kitchens. White – a clean sheet, requiring finishing color or textured elements. If you choose a kitchen with white facades, complete it with textured tiles, a panel, original worktops, glass inlays, and colorful accessories. Snow-white color is successfully combined with black, red, blue, gold, and coffee.
Golden or yellow
Yellow kitchen facades will fill the room with warmth and optimism, a golden tone will add solemnity. How to choose a good accompaniment to the yellow kitchen? Use a neutral, light background and accessories, countertops, apron, dining furniture. Yellow and gold are in harmony with blue, purple, blue, green, purple, black, gray accents and details.
Mint or Blue
Such shades of kitchen fronts will bring freshness and coolness to your home, they are suitable for rooms of any scale. In the kitchen, overlooking the sunny side, cool colors look the most organic. Countertops, textiles, aprons, furniture cases, dishes or decor in white, orange, yellow, red, pink tones will help to dilute the mint-blue palette.
Gray or blue
Gray is a universal, base color that suits literally any style and interior. Despite all its mystery, it soothes and pacifies, perfectly emphasizes bright and neutral surfaces and objects, including beige, cream, pink, yellow, burgundy, and brown, blue, purple. Blue – a deeper and more saturated tone, it looks solemn, combined with splashes of purple, yellow, orange, red, green, with gray, white, black and natural wood.
Green or olive
How to choose the color of the headset, if you like natural shades? Look at the green and olive facades, associated with peace, tranquility, harmony. The facades and body of the headset in such a color will make an ideal company of wooden worktops and a dining group, make friends with white, warm yellow and cool blue accents, interspersed with black, with white, golden, warm brown tones.
Black or brown
The black facades in the kitchen are stylish, elegant and a little mysterious. They look good in tandem with white, gold, orange, red, pink, green, shiny fittings, glass, snow-white tiles on the floor and marble countertops. What does the kitchen look like in brown? Elegant and traditional, especially if the color does not hide the woody structure. Dark chocolate is good on a contrasting light background, popular combinations: coffee with milk, brown with blue, cream, pink, beige, and green.
Beige, Milk or Cream
These colors of facades are chosen more often than others because they are so neutral and versatile that they are suitable for a kitchen of any style and size. The most successful options with beige, cream or milk facades look on the background of blue, brown, gray or white walls, table sets, and appliances, textiles.
Burgundy or pink
Maroon kitchen fronts will bring nobility and elegance to your home. They look both expensive and restrained, but visually reduce the space. The vinous shade is best used in spacious kitchens or for finishing thumbs of the lower level, balancing and emphasizing the abundance of a white, light background, interspersed with gold, silver, gloss, chrome parts, good fittings, black graphics elements, expensive dishes – crystal, China.
How will the pink facades affect the overall impression? This option will be most successful if you want to create a little frivolous, casual interior. Pink set in harmony with the background and textiles in gray, pearl, white, lilac, olive, turquoise, brown tones.
The relationship between style and color of facades
How to choose a good color of facades that meets the style of the room? For classic kitchens characterized by the pronounced wood texture of the facades. The panel, carving, glass or stained glass inserts are used. The color of the facades should be chosen soft, pastel: through the paint are often visible woody streaks, knots. Blue, cream, beige, white, dairy light olive, in the color of a natural or aged wood headsets are typical for interiors in the classical, neoclassical style, in the spirit of Provence.
Laconic low-gloss glossy surfaces, the color of which is in harmony with the shades of metal, are characteristic of high-teu. White, gray, silver, gray-blue, black facades without decor will be a good option. A similar palette is typical of minimalism, but matte surfaces with no visible fittings are relevant for this style.
How to choose the facade for the kitchen style loft? The set should be minimalistic and functional, preferably dark, matte and glossy surfaces, as well as natural wood of dark tones, artificially aged, and covered with special varnish or tinted cases and doors.
Rules for color combinations in kitchen design
In modern interiors, there are no strict restrictions. Eclecticism is in fashion, allowing you to mix styles and trends, take the best from Scandinavian, classical, minimalist, provincial national traditions and create an exclusive, practical and comfortable design for life. Follow the rule of 60-30-10 (the percentage of dominant, additional and accent colors) and do not overdo it with the decor, be guided by your taste and everything will work out!