A protein diet is a type of intake that is based primarily on increasing the percentage of protein intake. The objective is to achieve that the proportion of these nutrients is greater than in percentage with respect to what would be in a balanced diet. On the other hand, this type of diet aims to help the body use accumulated fats as an energy source, thereby you lose weight. Continue reading “Benefits of a protein diet to lose weight”
The moment the world learns that you are pregnant, you are bombarded with advice from all quarters. Yes, it’s irritating to hear virtual strangers throw off a list of tips, but I remember – you need a village to help raise a child! One of the most common tips you will hear is “eat fruits regularly.” There are numerous fruits that you can and can not consume during pregnancy. Watermelon, fortunately, is one of the fruits you can and should consume. Watermelon is healthy, nutritious, refreshing and energizing too. Continue reading “6 Benefits of eating watermelon during pregnancy”
Every time we like oriental flavors more and although not everything is sushi in the Japanese kitchen, without a doubt this elaboration is one of the ones that everybody likes the most. As it is a dish that is expensive if we order it outside the home and it is very important to consume it fresh, today we want to show you this easy sushi recipe, so you can do it whenever you want. Continue reading “Easy Sushi Recipe”
If you thought Italian food was only spaghetti and pizza, then think again! Here are twelve interesting facts about Italian food to help you get better acquainted with this world-famous cuisine.
1. If you share a dining table with an Italian, you’ll always find bread, water and wine but be careful never to place the bread upside down on the table otherwise it could bring you bad luck.
2. Italians take their dining very seriously: lunch usually begins with antipasti, followed by two other courses, dessert and an espresso coffee.
3. There are many interesting foodstuffs you’ll find on a dining table in Italy, such as horse, donkey, goat, sea urchin, sparrows, peacock and sea snails!
4. Italians usually only drink a milky coffee in the mornings as they like to dunk cakes or biscuits into cappuccinos and lattes.
5. A familiar Italian saying before eating a meal is Buon appetito!, which is to wish diners in Italian restaurants in Dublin and around the world a good appetite.
6. Pizza originated in Naples during the 18th century when it was a flat, dry bread considered a food for poorer people. However, in 1889, once Queen Margherita tasted it, she ordered variations of ‘pizza’ from her chef who consequently created the Pizza Margherita.
7. During Christmas, Italians will eat a panettone, a special sweet bread cake. And on the 1st of January they’ll feast on lentils for good luck in the New Year.
8. There are countless types of pasta shapes and different sizes of pasta, which can be eaten either dried or fresh.
9. The word spaghetti actually means ‘strings’ from the days before factories when people would make their own spaghetti and hang them out to dry.
10. Lucrezia Borgia lends her name to the pasta we know as ‘tagliatelle’. This is in honour of her long, blonde hair and this pasta type is now widely served in many popular restaurants such as forno500.
11. The first pasta factory was opened in 1824 near Genova by the Agnese family.
12. There are various names given to the different types of establishments selling food in Italy. For example, you can buy any type of food in a Ristorante except for a pizza. For pizza you must go to a Pizzeria, of course!
Usually any cake is easy to make, although it is advisable to apply some trick to get homemade sponge cakes. However, in the case of the carrot cake does not have to do anything special to make it come out because it is not a sponge cake in search of everything else.
The crumb of this cake is dense, but juicy and moist. This involves the carrot, which plays a wonderful role. Do not confuse this carrot cake with carrot cake or carrot cake has nothing to do. This is an easy recipe, no frills, no spices, no cream cheese as a topping. It does not need it to conquer your palates. Do we check it? Continue reading “Easy Recipe: Carrot Cake”
Is there a better way to celebrate a special date than chocolate? For me not, that’s why this triple chocolate cake seemed ideal as a dessert for Valentine’s Day. Do not be frightened how long preparation is, I advise you to read it first completely and you will realize that it is not as difficult as it seems a prior.
The important thing is to be clear that you have to make a mass of chocolate cake, a filling of chocolate cream and a chocolate ganache. If you want, you can prepare the biscuits in advance and store them wrapped in film paper to keep them wet until they are used. Continue reading “Triple chocolate sponge cake: Recipe with and without Thermomix to celebrate Valentine’s Day”
I try to remember when first tried the miso, but I am unable to visualize the day when I heard the word for the first time. I know it would be my first tasting miso soup, typical Japanese dish with great flavor, despite its simplicity. Later I discovered the specialty of eggplant miso, another treat that has inspired me for this simple homemade recipe.
When cooking eggplant miso pan or wok, we do not have to turn on the oven, but it could also be roasted adding miso sauce at the end. In any case, try the miso paste that suits to your taste, opting for white miso if you prefer milder flavors. It is a fantastic place to add to soups, stews and sauces ingredient, and lasts a long time in the fridge. Continue reading “Healthy recipe: Eggplant with brown rice miso”
We all have culinary memories. Some more than others, but all have. Mine are many and that is, as has always interested me gastronomy, my memory has been commissioned to cherish without skimping space. One is the cake of bread, ham and cheese.
I remember the day my mother prepared for the first time. He did it for dinner, in a gas oven, temperamental and unpredictable, that night behaved well and rewarded us with a cake of bread, ham and cheese that I made my delight. Today I have felt prepare for my family, renewing the classic recipe, and thus it has become attractive. Continue reading “Cake of bread, ham and cheese… renovated classic recipe!”
Avoid the rules and cheating is one of the things we attract humans, perhaps because of that, he has invented the “day cheat” when dieting and today we tell you why it is important to skip the diet once a week.
Day or cheat meal in through diet
In most weight loss plans, you are allowed one day a week, choosing what to eat even if it is outside the rules of the diet.
Yes, usually only talk about one meal, one day a week, i.e. skip the diet once in seven days and power at that time, savor the snack you most want us although this result pump calories. Continue reading “Why is it important to skip the diet once a week?”
With this heat wave we only think of eating cold dishes to help us rehydrate. Today we will prepare a very special, one cold cream of carrots and mango which is very refreshing and also takes a bit of celery and a touch of fresh ginger in their preparation.
To prepare this recipe summer, because it is very simple and can serve for a change and not resort to the usual, although logically we love, we repeated too many times. Continue reading “Summer Recipe – Cold cream of carrots and mango”