Trivia time again! Let’s have a look at the most watch tv episodes on the UK of all time. I think that this time you’ll probably able to guess what they might be more than the events. Here’s the thing a lot of these shows have been going for years and also back in the day there were only 4 channels to choose from. It’s unlikely that we’ll see such big figure for a show now with streaming and catch up and plus one hour channels as well it’s harder to judge. So, lets check that TV Aerial Installation Swansea or wherever you are in the UK and see what they are. You might wan to pop along to https://www.onevisionltd.co.uk/tv-aerial-installation-swansea first if yours is a bit dodgy.
- Den Watts gives divorce papers to Angie Watts, “This, my sweet, is a petition for our divorce, Merry Christmas Ang”. Forgetting his comeback and fall from grace outside of EastEnders this was an electric performance from Leslie Graham and Anita Dobson. 30.15 million viewers put the turkey sandwiches away for this moment as Den reveals that he knows Angie is lying about dying.
- Michelle Flower reveals who got her pregnant. It was Den Watts! It could have been anyone of several candidates, but it was Dirty Den who got the teenage Michelle up the duff. 28 million tuned in to see him visit baby Vicki, so named because she was conceived on the floor of the Queen Vic pub.
- Hilda Ogden leaves. Coronation Street is the longest running serial of all time and it was an emotional moment when the street gossip and heart of gold hero Hilda final retired her hair rollers and left. 26.25 million people waved her farewell.
- Only Fools and Horse “Time on our hands”. Despite some ill-conceived follow ups this saw the Trotters final become millionaires after discovering that an old pocket watch they’d had for years in storage was worth millions at auction. 24.35 million people watched them go off into the sunset.
- EastEnders. Just a regular episode. No particular drama. It shows how popular the show had become and was worrying the established order of Coronation Street. 24.30 million tuned in
- Royal Variety performance 1965. Dame Shirley Bassey and Dudley Moore topped the bill. I imagine you’ve never heard of them? This is the surprise one but keep in your arsenal for quiz night. 24.20 million people watched it.
- Another plain old EastEnders episode. It was about now that Corrie started to be repeated as well in the week.
- To the Manor Born. Showing how much we invest in Comedy shows, this time posh people this was Andrey and Richard finally deciding that they loved each other. Ahh. 23.95 including my hooked Mum, Nan and Aunties.
* denotes aggregated figure with repeat showing.